Carlisle, PA - Jan 2, 2012 - The studios of WIOO-AM were ravaged by fire on Jan. 2, 2012. The fire was caused by an electrical problem, and fire inspectors say there was nothing suspicious about the event, which appears to have started in a first-floor ceiling.
No one was injured in the fire, because no one was in the building during the New Year's weekend.
The station owners are currently looking for a new studio facility while it is determined if any equipment can be salvaged. The transmitter sites are in separate locations. One newspaper report says the station's compact disc and record library seems to have survived.