NATICK, MA — Genelec,
the pioneer in active loudspeakers, offers GLM™ (Genelec Loudspeaker
Manager™) V2 of its software, a highly intuitive and powerful monitor
control networking system that manages connectivity to all models of
SAM™ (Smart Active Monitoring™) studio monitors and subwoofers – up to
30 on the network – covering all types and sizes of stereo,
multichannel, or 3D immersive audio applications. The simple, intuitive
GLM 2.0 software is available for Windows and Mac and features automatic
adjustment of levels, distance delays and flexible room response
compensation equalization with the state-of-the-art and robust AutoCal™
calibration system. All parameters and settings are stored in GLM system
Setup files or internally saved in the monitors and subwoofers if the
GLM network needs to be disconnected.
With its fast and
intuitive user interface, users can adapt any of 16 models of Genelec
SAM monitors to virtually any listening environments with GLM 2.0,
allowing reduced perceived differences between listening environments or
positions. GLM AutoCal provides the industry’s first integrated process
for complete automated measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every
monitor on the GLM control network, using a factory-calibrated Genelec
8300A acoustic measurement microphone (included).
for V2 include a new Network Adaptor that has both microphones and
volume control inputs; the expanded use of Groups in a Setup;
independent input types for each Group (analog or digital); independent
AutoCal settings for each Group; five Groups available for each Setup;
SPL display on the main GLM screen; and more. The upgrade path for users
who want to update their GLM from V1 to V2 is easy and intuitive. After
the user contacts Genelec, the upgrade fee is $375 for a new User Kit,
and they will be credited $275 when they send back their old Network
Other GLM 2.0 features and benefits:
- Automatic calibration of levels and distance-compensating delays for accurate and stable sound stage imaging.
- Ability to store calibration settings for different listening positions to be recalled instantly during the production stage.
- Allows repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environments.
- Symmetrical or individualized stereo pair equalization compensation to be used depending on the acoustic environment.
crossover phase is set for all subwoofers on the network to achieve
smooth frequency response transition around the crossover point.
monitor Group has its own AutoCal calibration file, allowing the use of
different Groups for various customized response curves.
contained in one GLM system setup file can feature both analog and
digital input use and an unlimited number of system setup files can be
- Volume control functions via GLM software master fader
or via external wired or wireless volume controllers, covering all
- On-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active monitor Group allows careful monitoring of the production SPL.