New effect plug-in delivers energy and impact with infinitely ascending or descending filter sweeps
Cambridge, MA (March 29, 2016) — iZotope, Inc., makers of award-winning tools for audio production, is announcing the release of Mobius Filter, a new effect plug-in that creates the sensation of infinite movement. Based on the auditory illusion of the Shepard Tone, the filters within Mobius Filter appear to defy logic, producing perpetually rising or falling effects that can be easily manipulated with a playful X/Y pad.
The ever-ascending or descending results bring impact to a track: as an intensifying build-up to a chorus or drop, or as a creative effect on individual tracks and instruments. Music producers can turn to Mobius Filter as an inspiring alternative to a standard flanger or phaser, as the antidote to a lackluster bridge or arrangement, or as the spark for psychotropic sonic textures.
Early fans include renowned music producer/mixer/engineer Joe Chiccarelli (U2, The White Stripes, Spoon, The Shins): “I’m loving this—I’ve been using it on guitars, keys and drums. It’s great to have the up/down switch work while the track is playing to change the sweep. It’s a no-brainer filter...very cool!”
“Our goal was to make Mobius Filter a joy to play with,” adds Izzy Maxwell, iZotope Product Manager. “As you experiment with the controls, you start to realize how powerful directional motion can be, and how strongly it influences the mood and vibe of your track. Mobius Filter and its experience of ‘infinite motion’ offer up a modern tool for expressiveness, unlocking a new level of emotional control.”
● Add motion and energy to your music with infinitely ascending or descending filter sweeps.
● Draw your own sweeps with the X/Y pad, making fluid adjustments to both center frequency and resonance using a single control.
● Achieve a rapid, pulsing effect or slower motion by adjusting the host tempo sync to anything from eighth notes to eight bars.
● Create an immersive environment with the Stereo slider, which widens the stereo field in an amount of your choosing.
● Create a static filter effect by pausing the filter motion with the Pause function. Or, pause it when it feels right and then automate it to create custom sweeps.
Availability and Pricing
Mobius Filter is available now for $49 USD (€49 EUR) at www.izotope.com and at select retailers.
Mobius Filter runs as a plug-in in your favorite audio editor. Learn more about Mobius Filter at www.izotope.com/mobiusfilter