College Radio Network Launches Internet Music Fest
Sep 4, 2008 9:10 AM
Worcester, MA - Sep 4, 2008 - The Intercollegiate Broadcasting System's IBS Student Radio Network (IBS-SRN) will launch what it calls the Web's first live music festival. IBS-Palooza will allow multiple stations to share and play each other's live content. This is expected to become an annual event on the IBS-SRN. IBS-Palooza will be available online from each participating school's website as well at WIBS and Apple's Itunes Radio, College Radio category; Sept. 19-21, 2008.
Backbone Networks provides the steaming capability to IBS-SRN. Most bands will be performing live at their host school's campus while live on the air, and some schools will combine their efforts to create a larger live concert event. During non-concert hours, stations will be able to air live music from other time zones or from their station or syndicated from any participating school.
The following stations are scheduled to participate.
- NEIA New England Institute of Art, Boston
- Babson College Radio, Babson Park, MA
- Simmons College, Boston
- WLMU, Le Moyne University, Syracuse, NY
- WLIU-BK, Long Island University, Brooklyn
- WFNM, Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA
- Goucher College Student Radio, Baltimore
- XTSR, Towson University, Baltimore
- Valencia CC (Flatfoot Records), Orlando
- KCLR, Loras College, Dubuque, IA
- KXZY, Oklahoma State University
- Las Positas College, Livermore, CA