iBiquity Highlights New HD Radio Products at 2015 CES
Jan 5, 2015 11:02 AM, Doug Irwin, CPBE AMD DRB
LAS VEGAS�iBiquity Digital reported that more than 70 HD Radio consumer products will be available in 2015. The technology is a mainstream OEM automotive feature and continues to grow in home, aftermarket auto and portable consumer electronics products.
Major consumer electronics brands offer HD Radio equipped products, across virtually all product categories including Aftermarket Car Stereo, AV Receivers, Tabletop and docking devices, portable products, and Personal Navigation Devices (PNDs).
HD Radio receivers are available nationwide at thousands of retail locations. Major retailers such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Costco, Sam''s Club, BJ''s, Amazon, Crutchfield, Car Toys and many more regional retailers support a wide variety of models across multiple categories.
HD Radio product highlights at CES include:
- � Two brand new state-of-the-art Component Tuners from renowned manufacturer, Magnum Dynalab
- � A new (as yet un-announced product) from high end supplier Outlaw Audio
- � Two brand new flagship Denon �InCommand � AV Receivers
- � New Marantz top of the line AV Preamp/Tuners and flagship AV Receiver
- � Yamaha AV Receivers in their flagship �Aventage� line
- � Continuing AV Receiver and Tuner from world class McIntosh Labs
- � Garmin is offering a new line of Personal Navigation Devices that provide traffic and weather services, utilizing HD radio transmission networks, to provide fast and reliable updates.
- � Artist Experience - (widely available) provides graphic information like album art and station logos. Artist Experience will be available on significantly expanded FM broadcast programs and products in 2015
- � Emergency Alerts - (available from Pioneer) is the newest HD Radio feature that works in conjunction with new federally required Emergency Alert Services. It provides extended information, both text and audio based, to supplement broadcast alerts for weather, disaster, and other federal and locally generated notifications.
The 2015 CES HD Radio Booth is located in the Las Vegas Convention Center Central Hall, Number 8232.