WASHINGTON — National Association of Broadcasters’ Pilot initiative has announced the finalists of the inaugural Pilot Pitch Prize Competition.
“I’m delighted with the diversity of our five finalists and their work in artificial intelligence, cloud computing work flows, content security, news accuracy and Next-Gen TV,” said NAB Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Sam Matheny.
The finalists are:
- nedl, which enables listeners to search live audio with speech-to-text software and directs them to a radio station’s live stream as a skill for Amazon Alexa.
- Airwavz.tv designed a digital TV antenna and receiver that enables smartphone users to receive live broadcast programming directly from TV towers — even in areas without cell, internet, Wi-Fi or satellite service.
- Our.News is a non-partisan fact-checking resource that provides validated background information on news publishers and determines the public’s view of the reliability of news articles, publishers and journalists.
- PolyPort offers digital asset management, tracking and IP protection through security and encryption algorithms for content owners.
- Teamium is a cloud-based media production management platform that provides visual collaboration and business process tools for video production teams.
All five will pitch their businesses Oct. 17 at NAB Show New York. Each startup will deliver a 10-minute pitch and answer judges question.
The judging panel includes Hearst Television Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer Roger Keating, iHeartMedia Strategic Partnerships Group President Michele Laven, Accenture Strategy Managing Director Mike Chapman, NBC Owned Television Stations Senior Vice President of Digital Media Lora Dennis and Cox Media Group Vice President of Content and Audience Tim Clarke.
Learn more about what the finalists and winners will receive here.
According to NAB, the event will also feature a keynote about the future of digital media from venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, as well as reception and networking opportunity.