NEW YORK�The Radio Television Digital News Association has announced the full list of winners for the 2015 National Edward R. Murrow Award winners. More than 100 awards across 13 categories were awarded to national, small and large market radio and television stations. All winners were recognized at the annual RTDNA Edward R. Murrow Awards Gala in New York on Oct. 12.
For the second year in a row, ABC News Radio and ABC News TV was recognized with the Edward R. Murrow Award for Overall Excellence at the network level. Here is the full list of Overall Excellence winners:
- � � � � �ABC News Radio, New York (Network Radio)
- �� � � ��ABC News, New York (Network Television)
- � � � � �The Denver Post, Denver (Large Online News Organization)
- � � � � �Free Press Media, Burlington, Vt. (Small Online New Organization)
- � � � � �WCBS, New York (Large Market Radio)
- � � � � �New Hampshire Public Radio, Concord, NH (Small Market Radio)
- � � � � �KING-TV, Seattle (Large Market Television)
- �� � � ��KETV-TV, Omaha, Neb. (Small Market Television)
ABC News Radio was the big winner of the night, taking home four awards in the Network Radio category, including for Breaking News on the Fort Hood shooting, for sports reporting on its Spartan Racing segment, and ABC News� Scott Goldberg won the award for writing, in addition to the Overall Excellence Award.
One of the other standout winners was the popular podcast Serial, which won the Network Radio News Series award for its first season. The hit podcast focused on the 1999 murder of Hae Min Lee in Baltimore.
To see the full list of winners, click here.�