PINEVILLE, N.C.�For 40 years, SCMS has supplied broadcast radio and video needs, and�products from CTP Systems and RTW have recently been added to their offerings; SCMS is�the exclusive U.S. supplier for RTW and CTP Systems.
CTP has a new testing device, the compact�dBbox 2��The dBbox2 can monitor, meter and generate analog, AES/EBU and SPDIF audio. The�dBbox 2�can:
- �Monitor mono or stereo line level analog inputs using the built in speaker or 1/4-inch or 3.5mm headphones. Meter using either PPM or VU scale also with stereo phase meter.
- �Monitor microphone level analogue inputs, with or without 48v phantom power, using the built-in speaker or headphones. Meter using either PPM or VU meter scale with stereo phase meter.
- �Monitor AES/EBU balanced or unbalanced inputs using the built in speaker or headphones. Meter using -18dBFS, -20dBFS, PPM or VU scale with stereo phase meter.
- Analyze AES sample rate, status and data errors.
- Generate steady tone, tone sweep, GLITS, EBU, left only, right only, on both analog and AES/EBU outputs. Tone frequency may be adjusted in third-octave steps. Adjust Tone level from +10 to -60dBu in 1dB steps.
German company RTW offers advanced monitoring technology.�The TouchMonitor TM3 offers True Peak and PPM metering with flexible preset control. The TM3 is a compact unit with a 4.3-inch touch screen and intuitive preset control.�The TM3 features comprehensive loudness measuring features conforming to relevant international standards (EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act). Loudness instruments include single-channel and summing bargraphs, loudness range and numerical displays.
Both the dBbox2 and the TouchMonitor TM3 are available at SCMS.
SCMS has 18 broadcast sales engineers and products from over 500 manufacturers.